Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm like an Egg...

I love college, it's a wonderful experience and a great way to grow up. What I don't love is feeling helpless and useless. I still can't find a job although the current tally of applications is 12.
So, I've decided I'm like an egg. Why? Well, it's simple, you can boil them and though they may crack a little on the outside, they keep it pretty much together on the inside. Boiling water = a challenge. You can also just flat out drop an egg. And for the most part, they splatter all over the place. I'm being dropped (like a rock....but an egg) by life. I know all the cliche sayings, "When life gives you Lemon, make Lemonade." but what they don't tell you is that you can't make very good lemonade without sugar. I don't have ANY sugar. So it's really a lose-lose situation! I know I'm sounding quite pessimistic right now but A-I'm scared and B-I'm frustrated. I've put so much work into finding a job and I have diddly-squat to show for it.

3 comments:

  1. Well it sounds like you need some salt and a dash of pepper darlin'! Don't worry we all get a little scrambled every now and then! Something is coming your way soon! You know it is, just remember the job you're supposed to have may be because you meet someone special. You never understand why the Lord does what he does--just hang in there because it'll be SO worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete