My roommates have made this move much much easier then I ever imagined. They are all so wonderful and accepting. Church was just as fun, slightly embarrasing but I can handle that. I've already learned so much about myself that I never really knew. For example, if I don't know people, I like to keep out of the spot light (unless I don't think I'll ever see them again but I don't think that is the case...) Until I get to know people, I don't really like to be loud which is really somewhat strange all things considered.
Anyway, my Ward is amazing. BYU's 73rd ward. Everyone I've met has been so nice. It's nice when someone holds a door open for you...excuse me, when they run ahead of you to open and hold the door for you. That didn't happen much at home. But it's wonderful.
My class seems like it will be fun too. My Professor is new to BYU but he's taught before and he seems really down to earth. (No pun intended-it's a Biology/Environment class.) Today he showed us a clip from the Planet Earth series, which I absolutely love and then he read us a children's book about the environment which was extremely hilarious. Another good thing about the class is that the 2 books are small and were written for non-science people. It's rather wonderful.
So all in all I have nothing to complain about and I know that the Lord has blessed me more than I could ever imagine. It's so amazing.
I'm glad you are enjoying school and life. Sounds like you are having fun!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I knew you'd love college! That's soo awesome! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDelete