Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 5: Muir Woods and Sausalito

After a yummy brunch at The Original Pancake House, Grandma took us up to Muir Woods to enjoy the peace and beauty of the Redwoods.  Just as a head up, my puny little iPhone didn't capture even A QUARTER of the magnitude of this place. The trees are HUGE!






Lots of Clover

They are "fireproof" trees.


To prove I was actually there...
It was a really awesome experience. I think the best part about it was that it was so peaceful. 
After our 1.5 mile walk/hike we headed to the cafe and grabbed some Three Twin's Ice Cream.
After Muir Woods we headed down into Sausalito. We window shopped, perused an art shop and ate dinner at an Italian Restaurant overlooking the ocean water and in the distance we could see San Francisco. It was such a pleasant day. 
 
This place was actually very posh. It also seemed as though they saw fit to put mushrooms in every dish on the menu. BLEH.
That evening, Grandma took us into San Francisco and we settled into our resort room.
Day 6 coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. I love Muir woods! I spent the whole time looking for a 4 leaf clover. Very sad day! Basically looks like you had way too much fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing! I wanted to find a four leaf clover SO BADLY!

      Delete
  2. i want to go to Muir woods SO BAD. big muir fan over here. You're the 2nd one of my friends in 2 days to post about going there--i think it's a sign i need a roadtrip

    ReplyDelete