Day Six was great. That morning Neil and I ventured out a couple blocks from where we were staying and found a yummy cafe for breakfast.
It was so delicious but I could only eat half of my breakfast burrito before I was STUFFED!!
 |
| My day 6 outfit. I liked it. :) |
After breakfast we headed back to the resort to meet up with grandma. She had "BART"ed in from her house to take us around San Francisco on foot/Cable Car. We went to Little Italy and Chinatown for the majority of the day.
 |
| This was where we caught the Cable Car just about everyday. |
 |
| Coit Tower |
 |
| I can't remember the name of this Cathedral but it was massive and very beautiful. |
 |
| Pistachio Gelato in Little Italy. SO GOOD! |
 |
| I'm pretty sure Neil tried all the flavors before he picked one. The guy at the counter was being funny and giving him a hard time about it. |
Little Italy eventually runs right into Chinatown. It was quite the adventure. In fact, we were deciding where to eat lunch when this guy came over to us and told us he had the best place to eat and would take us there. It was kind of cool and kind of creepy at the same time. I had two constant thoughts: 1. This is so cool! We get an awesome tour guide and he's gonna show us some great places to eat. 2. I really hope he isn't leading us to our death.
 |
| The only picture I was able to take of "Jackie Chan the Second" That's what he told us to call him. |
| | |
 |
| He gave us his phone number in case we were ever in the area again. So, if you're ever in the area and want a slightly creepy/cool experience, give Jackie Chan the second a call! |
Chinatown: A-It smelled like fish no matter where you went. B) The "best" food in town wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. C) We got to see the Fortune Cookie Factory (which just so happened to be down a sketchy alleyway...) but I can't find the picture I took. D) Overall it was cool, but it was just like any other Chinatown.
After lunch in Chinatown and saying "SO LONG!" to our Chinese "friend", we headed down to Fisherman's Wharf
 |
| We rode this particular Cable Car quite a few times. |
 |
| We found an antique arcade with so many fun old carnival games and attractions! |
 |
| There were so many of these "What Will Your Future Career Be?" |
 |
| And every single one of them included this lovely gem. Who wouldn't want to be a NUDIST?! I mean, c'mon! |
 |
| On the wharf by the big famous submarine. The name alludes me... |
Then we headed down the street and found a Chocolate Shop.
 |
| Yes, I bought a box of Jelly Beans and a Chocolate Frog. |
|
 |
| On the Cable Car headed to dinner! |
So funny thing, the cable car operators are relatively nice (minus the one butt stinker we had who yelled at Neil when Neil told him what stop we needed, which is what you're
SUPPOSED to do..that's another story) but they are fairly deaf. We kept trying to tell the guy we wanted to stop but they just kept on going. Good thing though because when they finally did stop. We were right next to this Italian restaurant.
As we were deciding what to eat, Neil noticed that the family that owned this restaurant is a family he knows from Manti!! What a coincidence! It was really yummy food too.
 |
| I don't remember the name of the dish I got but it was very tasty. |
 |
| Raspberry Cheesecake. HEAVEN. |
 |
| Neil got this little lovely. Again, I don't remember the name but it was also pretty good. |
Finally, after walking and riding the cable car all over (or that's what it felt like), we headed back to the resort for a very well deserved night of sleep. :)
Yum! That all looks so good. I love Little Italy, and those burritos look so good! I am definitely all about the food when I go on vacation. Looks great!
ReplyDelete