After our fun three days in Solvang we headed north to Pleasant Hill where my Grandma lives. It was a pretty drive and we saw A LOT of farms and vineyards.
 |
| One of many vineyards we passed. |
It also just happened to be the day of the Kentucky Derby!!!
 |
| Sorry for the picture quality, I was watching on my phone and it was not behaving. |
 |
| I did manage to watch the race! And the quality was relatively good. I really wanted the girl jockey to win but she didn't. She did, however, finish fifth, I think-don't quote me on that, which makes her the only female jockey to have ever finished the Derby with that rank. So there! |
We finally made it to Grandma's house. We played with the cats, or rather the one cat, before we left for dinner. Tango was the only not shy cat. Grandma has 13 Siamese cats, all beautiful but sometimes they can be shy. All of them were shy except for Tango and he was really quite fun.
 |
| He moved too much so I had to hold him to take a picture that wasn't ALL a blur. |
 |
| We went to a Mexican Restaurant for dinner. I don't remember the name but this MASSIVE fake hat was hung up just outside. |
That night we stayed in a hotel in town because our resort in San Francisco wasn't quite ready for us. Stay tuned for day 5!
No comments:
Post a Comment