Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Crafts and Chevron

There are a few things that I know:

1-Some people hate the whole "Chevron" thing. But not me.
2-Knowing how to sew in a straight line can help you do a LOT of cool things
3-I'm obsessed with Pinterest and all the tutorials I can find there.

March was kind of crazy in my house and I needed some sanity. So, I made time to craft. I don't know exactly when the "craft" bug hit me but it has. Hard.

Anyway, I made pillow cases and a laptop sleeve.

Here are the pics:


It's missing the velcro.

I found the pillow case tutorial on Pinterest (duh) and it was SUPER EASY!
I can't find the actual one I used because oddly enough I didn't re-pin it. Weird. But I found one that is essentially the same. You can go here to see it.

I had to do a LOT of Google-ing to find the tutorial for the laptop sleeve. I had to search for a good one because I don't do buttons just yet and so I needed one that was easily adapted to accommodate velcro.This project was just a little bit daunting to me but I did it. In fact, I made two because the first one was just about 1/2 an inch too small. You can go here to see the tutorial.

4 comments:

  1. you inspire me to make crafty things. When we get back we should make lots of pillows and crafty things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the other day at joanns there was the cutest fabric...it was teal with black umbrellas...be proud I walked away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute stuff. I like to look to but I seldom make things anymore. Maybe its about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I have the craft bug too but no sewing machine.. It's a growing problem!!

    ReplyDelete