What do you do when you turn twenty-two?
Do you go to the mall and buy some new shoes?
Do you skip out on class just to go to the zoo?
Maybe I'll just go on like always cleaning and cooking.
Who needs a party? Who's even looking?
Just do the dishes then back to the grind!
No one will notice, no one will mind!
Then wash your face and off to bed.
It would be easy, no ache in my head.
Oh, twenty-two, oh, twenty-two
What do I do with you?
It's a mystery really, a puzzle, a bind!
If I knew what to do I could settle my mind!
So, here I stand, with a tricky old plight
willing it to turn pretty with all of my might.
A movie and dinner! My mind begins to think!
forget the stinky dishes in the sink!
Don't skip out on a birthday, no ma'am!
Be more persistent than Sam I am!
Go to the mall and buy those new shoes!
Or climb up the mountain and shake off the blues!
Go to the ice rink and skate life away.
Whatever you do don't give up this day!
Go fishing, go biking, go fly to the moon!
Go dance in the rain or learn how to use a harpoon!
Get up and go!
Life is too short, you know.
So twenty-two, oh twenty-two
I know just what to do with you!
I'll live out today and everyday here after
with happiness, joy and lots of laughter!
I'll go to a movie, I'll let down my hair!
I'll even throw my to-do list in the air!
Just know that today is a great day for me!
And to think, one year from now I'll be TWENTY-THREE!!
Oh boy.
This is the cutest poem ever! Happy birthday, girl! I love you so much!!!
ReplyDeletecute poem, caitlin! had i known, i would've sent a bday package before a valentine's day one! :)
ReplyDelete