Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Sick and Tired..."

You hear that phrase a LOT. "I'm sick and tired of..." you fill in the blank. As for me? I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired...and in pain. For the last few months I've been suffering from pain in the upper right hand side of my abdomen. Right on my gallbladder. SO my doctor ordered an ultra sound for me. Great. But it wasn't so great to hear, when the ultra sound came back, that they couldn't find a reason for my pain. No gallstones. Which means I'm in pain with no answer as to why. That's the worst in my mind. Now, I've not been praying for gallstones, but at least gallstones would've been an answer. Now I'm left with nothing. I spoke with my doctor over the phone and she suggested I get what's called a HIDA scan. This is a little more in depth but can go further beneath the surface and reveal other things such as sludge or what my "ejection fraction" is. (An E.F. is how much bile your gallbladder ejects. Healthy is between 35%-75%.) I guess we'll see. The biggest bummer is that I have to wait until next Thursday at 7am to get the scan done. I'm trying hard to be patient and mature but all I want to do is cry. It's tough...playing the waiting game. But what doesn't kill ya, I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment