Monday, April 4, 2011

"I" is for Identity

Me.
My name is Caitlin Eileen Andersen.
I am named after my great aunt Eileen.
My parents are Clayton and Bonnie Andersen.
I look a lot like my mother's biological mother, Lee, when she was younger.
I am mainly Danish and Irish.
I am 5'4", with reddish brown hair and brown eyes.
I am 21 years old.
I sing. I act. I manage theater stages.
I have a very special spot in my heart for children, animals, music and films-especially old ones.
I can relate to Jane Austen's heroines, Elizabeth Bennett and Elinor Dashwood.
I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome and gastro esophageal reflux disease.
I am not the girl I was two years ago.
I am strong, compassionate, sometimes impatient but always willing to learn more.
I can only snap with my thumb and pinky fingers.
I am can be classified with OCPD (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder)
much much different than OCD and because of it, I am detail oriented and organized.
I make "To Do" Lists on a daily basis.
I have color coordinated my closet and my class schedule.
I make my bed everyday.
I like to get dirty when I play sports.
I like to play sports and play them hard.
I love Italian & Mexican food.
I dislike Fish.
My favorite color is Purple.
I want to be as elegant as Audrey Hepburn, as flirty as Marilyn Monroe.
I want to be as brave as my Mom and as patient as my Dad.
I love to travel and if I had a million dollars it would be split between, paying for the rest of my college career, a shopping spree and traveling to all of the places that I have ever wanted to go.

All of these things add up to me. But I would be remiss if I were to leave out the most important part of my identity.
I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father.
He is a King.
Because of that, I am an heir to that same throne.
I am A Divine Princess of a Heavenly King.
He loves me and I love Him.
I am nothing if not for Him.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I loved this! So cute and fun and perfect, just like you.

    :D

    ReplyDelete