I know, I know, I've already posted something about an actor that I love but honestly now folks, there are a few more I HAVE to introduce you to! For those of you Harry Potter fans you may recognize this man as Professor Lupin from the third installment of the Harry Potter series (movies), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. David Thewlis has impressed me time and again. Though I would love to cover all his roles, I've chosen just a few that I love in particular.
Yes, I do watch the SciFi channel where this lovely little treasure is usually played. The first time I saw it I thought it was kind of odd..a somewhat Jurassic Park knock-off or something, but then I saw it again for the second time and I really really REALLY liked it. Mr. Thewlis shows that he can be a pivotal character who may or may not be so nice. You should really give it a whirl!
Boy oh boy did I love this movie-quite a different feel than Dinotopia-and I promise if you watch it, it may confuse you but you'll enjoy it. (Gerard Butler is also in the movie...and Paul Walker!)
Anywho, to me this proved that David knows how to be a little...well, you should just rent it or something and find out for yourself!
Though I was nine by the time the third book of the H.P. series was released, I didn't take a genuine interest in them until I was about
twelve. Once I started, however, I couldn't stop. I was addicted to the books. One of my favorite characters was Remus Lupin. I felt that he was the first real person to give Harry some peace where Harry's parents were concerned. I felt like he was the uncle that Vernon Dursley never was. He was the first professor of Defense Against the Dark arts that Harry had that wasn't completely...batty. He taught Harry so much that no one else had or probably would have. Despite Lupin's one flaw, being a werewolf, he knows good from evil and loves Harry just as much as he loved James. This role is different from the aforementioned roles and shows that David Thewlis can deliver.
twelve. Once I started, however, I couldn't stop. I was addicted to the books. One of my favorite characters was Remus Lupin. I felt that he was the first real person to give Harry some peace where Harry's parents were concerned. I felt like he was the uncle that Vernon Dursley never was. He was the first professor of Defense Against the Dark arts that Harry had that wasn't completely...batty. He taught Harry so much that no one else had or probably would have. Despite Lupin's one flaw, being a werewolf, he knows good from evil and loves Harry just as much as he loved James. This role is different from the aforementioned roles and shows that David Thewlis can deliver. He's a talented actor who isn't afraid to take on roles completely different from one another. Can you blame me for enjoying his talents? Plus, the man can pull off the mustache look!


Ok... now tell me what's going on in your life. I haven't had an update in FOREVER! How have things played out with you-know-who??? Have you guys met up yet??
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure that he dates Anna Friel and I adore her! But yes he is a very good actor...I think I saw him in a movie called Endgame (based on the play by Samuel Beckett). He's great!
ReplyDelete