Yes, sometimes my emotions are frayed and wear thin and sometimes I feel fragile and weak. I think it's something everyone goes through at least once in their life but sometimes I feel like it's lasted too long.
A little while ago I had the amazing opportunity to go to MOAB! YAY! I had a lot of fun just turning off my cell phone and connecting with nature. Hiking, playing in the stream, climbing rocks, sleeping on the ground with rocks poking you in your back....it was great fun! But day 2 of my adventures led to a discovery. We hiked the "Arches" hike. It's so amazing what nature can do. It was gorgeous and I got to see Delicate Arch.
A little while ago I had the amazing opportunity to go to MOAB! YAY! I had a lot of fun just turning off my cell phone and connecting with nature. Hiking, playing in the stream, climbing rocks, sleeping on the ground with rocks poking you in your back....it was great fun! But day 2 of my adventures led to a discovery. We hiked the "Arches" hike. It's so amazing what nature can do. It was gorgeous and I got to see Delicate Arch.
First of all it was SO windy up there that I had a hard time standing. Secondly, that arch is called delicate for a reason. Yet, even though that arch face super strong winds almost everyday, winds that carve away at it and shape it...it still stands and it is beautiful.
It still stands. It's delicate yet it can withstand the fierce winds that beat upon it every day. So if it can handle all of that terrible wind, so can I. I can get through heartache, sorrows, death and misery. My trials may chip away at me but I know that if I can handle them the way that God would have me handle them, I will be shaped and I will be more beautiful because of it.
I am not fragile, I am not weak.
I am delicate and that's fine with me.
It still stands. It's delicate yet it can withstand the fierce winds that beat upon it every day. So if it can handle all of that terrible wind, so can I. I can get through heartache, sorrows, death and misery. My trials may chip away at me but I know that if I can handle them the way that God would have me handle them, I will be shaped and I will be more beautiful because of it.
I am not fragile, I am not weak.
I am delicate and that's fine with me.
I love your rock climbing-ness :)
ReplyDelete