Someone once said
"Smell the roses dear friend."
And so I did.
But while the roses I did smell
My heart was locked
I could not tell
And now that time has brought them back
My heart is heavy
It holds a crack
Ready to rip right down the middle
I never thought Love
Would be like a riddle
To love or to bide?
The feelings I have
Refuse to hide
Still dazed and confused
My heart stands at a crossroads
Feeling lonely and bruised
I take a deep breath
If it was my choice
I'd rather face death
Than choose one from the two
They're both just so right
But which do I choose
Too long have I dwelt in this flowery place
Full of fables and fairies
Now reality I must face
Like it or not I stand facing fate
Praying to Father
That I'm not too late
I take one step forward and two steps back
Afraid of the knowledge
I know that I lack
I pray then I see that the path is to steep
I sink to the ground
Where I begin to weep
Then a voice I've heard before speaks yet again,
"Dear child, stop weeping,
I am a friend."
I look up and The Gardener takes hold of my hand
His eyes are gentle, he smiles
And helps me to stand
"I know your heart, I know your fears,
I count your laughs, I count your tears.
I shall not leave you comfortless,
though hard your road my be.
I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you,
My child, I'll never leave."
He takes my hand and leads me on
Down the steep and winding road
My tears are dried and gone
Though torn and lost my heart may be, He will make me whole.
Did you write this?
ReplyDeleteme likey the poetry :)
ReplyDelete