If you ask me what I think,
I'll tell you what I know.
Should you tell that man you love him
or wait until his feelings show?
"Does this look okay?"
"Dearest, tell me what to do!"
"Do you think my heart can handle that?"
"I think he loves me, do you?"
"Wear that dress, you'll look divine."
"Tell him how you feel."
"You're heart can handle anything, love."
"His love for you is real."
"If I take that step then he'll forever know
what's happened to my heart.
So tell me now, do I jump
or go right back to the start?"
"Trust in love,
my dearest friend,
and find your answer
at the end."
I never thought I'd give advice
to a lover lost struggling in the game.
To love and wonder, but there it went
as if my life had been the same.
But alas, I must admit
I've never been so bold
to tell the man I truly love
that my heart, he'll always hold.
No, I give advice about this and that
about things that don't seem to matter.
But love is the one thing of them all
that makes me as mad as a hatter.
I go crazy waiting and thinking
analyzing every detail,
knowing that I should speak up
but fearing that I'll fail.
And what if my affection
is ignored and not returned?
Could I pick the shattered pieces up
and say it was a lesson learned?
I have too much invested in this man
ridiculous as it may seem
To speak would be to lose so much
to a foolish unobtainable dream.
So, I'll give my advice to him and her
but act not for my own.
For the love I've waited so long to see
in his eyes, he has not yet shown.
I'll wait until the time is right
and not take my own advice.
Though silly it may seem to you
this love is of unmeasurable price.
I'll ask you what you think
but please let my ignorance reign.
For a heartache is not on the list of things
I'm wishing to obtain.
When you talk about being mad as a hatter, I simply envisioned Johnny Depp doing the Frabjous Day Dance. :)
ReplyDeleteOh this is so sad! And i can so relate....
ReplyDelete