Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sprinklers

And I thought that I loved running through sprinklers as a kid!

I had no idea how wonderful it would be as an adult!
 It's summer which means that even at 6am it's too hot for me. I don't like being hot and I don't like being sweaty. (Sorry, all of you summer lovers. Unless I'm on a beach or at a pool, I DON'T like the heat.) Anyway, 6am is when I run. It's still not as cool as I would like it to be but it is the coolest part of the day (without having to wake up at an unruly hour).
 Each day that I run I become more and more grateful for those people that have the insight to water their lawns in the morning.

I'm especially grateful that the people who are in charge of this particular sprinkler have not fixed it yet. It's a lovely cool down, pick me up while I run.

Happiness.

4 comments:

  1. You are the best! 6am?! I can't wake up before 8 to exercise. I have no excuses. I am trying to exercise! You are my inspiration just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sprinklers! And I am loving your new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your new blog design! and also every time i hear about you running and your thoughts, your playlist, the things you see and the things you get to run through, it motivates me to get going on running too. then i remember we're in the summer and 6 am is indeed the best time to run. then i remember how i'm not a morning person at all and if i'm up at 6am it's because i'm going to work. then i remember we've got this race in oct and i think i'd better start getting in shape for that. then the whole 'remembering' process starts over again. it's a vicious cycle. but great job to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, I was so impressed that you were able to run that 5K- the ENTIRE thing! That's me at my fastest so I'm just trying to work on endurance. Also, I really don't like 6am. Ever, usually, so I feel you there! I'm going to post about my blog design as soon as it is officially done. I'm loving it SO MUCH!

      Delete