Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pretzel Jello, Anyone?

Tomorrow evening, the ladies in my ward (church congregation) are getting together for some fun, food and fabulousness.

I was asked to bring a yummy treat. 

Healthy or not. 

I decided "not". Why? Because I've had a hankering for Pretzel Jello lately. 

I don't remember exactly when it was BUT my sister Kimberly, who is basically a rock star chef, baker, etc., made it for a sister's dinner awhile back. 

It was divine and I just had to make it again.

So I found a recipe on Pinterest (add that to the list, too!) and decided I should make it tonight, seeing as how I probably wouldn't have time to do it tomorrow.

Anyway, you can click on the picture for the recipe. 
 I actually hate slicing strawberries so instead I put them in my blender and "chopped" them into little chunky pieces, like I would have if I were making strawberry salsa. I like the texture more. 

You can sub out the regular cream cheese and cool whip for fat free versions if indulgence isn't your thing.

There is also sugar free jello, but with all the sugar you add to this dessert I'm not sure it would make a difference...

Anyway, I ended up using WAY more than 1 and 1/2 cup of crushed pretzels. I used almost 4. Good thing I had the monster bag of pretzels from Costco! 

I also made two pans (meaning I doubled the recipe, I didn't split it) so tat Neil could benefit from it too. 

Sometimes I feel bad for the guys because us ladies are always making yummy treats that somehow they never get a taste of. So, Neil has a whole pan of Pretzel Jello to himself. 

Happy Eating!


P.S.-LET THE JELLO SET longer than you think before pouring it on top. Not all the way, mind you, just some of the way. But seriously. 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. yum it looks so good. I wish it was warm enough to eat it here!@!#@$

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stuff. Its been a loooong time. Maybe I'll make some too this summer :)

    ReplyDelete