Friday, February 8, 2013

My First Birthday As A Married Woman

5:00 AM- Neil woke up and left the room, I turned over and fell asleep again. 

 5:45AM- I was wide awake so I got up.
I walked into the kitchen and Neil had made homemade pancakes and butter syrup. 
In one of the pancakes, Neil hid a cute little message. 
"I <3 U"
It was adorable. 

7:30AM-Doctor's office. I was given two more medications to add to the regime. Whatever. 

8:30AM-I arrived at work and there was a really cute birthday card and ODWALLA BARS!!! So yummy. 
Google even had a celebration for me!
 
11:00AM-Staff Meeting. We had a team building activity where we had to make PB&J sandwiches. We don't like boring Staff Meetings. 

12:00PM- A Loverly little friend of mine took me to go get some birthday ice cream. Seeing as how me and most dairy products don't get along all that well (plus, sugar is just not my friend) I had half of an ice cream cupcake. Yum.
I could only really eat half. More than that...I would have exploded. But it was yummy.

3:00PM- I skipped class. It's my birthday, I do what I want.
During this time I went home and took a nap. I cannot get enough sleep lately! I love sleep. LOVE IT.

4:30PM Neil and I went to Nickel City. SO FUN.
Have you ever been? It was a total throwback to childhood. Not that I spent much time in arcades but...It was awesome. I even won the jackpot on one of the games...it was our last two nickles.Vegas, here I come. (Ha, yeah right.)


6:00PM- Texas Roadhouse

Yum. Need I say more? Actually, yes. It was a great meal, don't get me wrong but, if you saw my last post then you'd know that beef is rough for me. Neil had ribs that literally fell off the bone. He said they were good but wasn't sure they were "award winning". Our waitress was really trying to hurry us along and I didn't like that. Regardless, the food was not bad. It wasn't AMAZING but it wasn't bad either. We left full and satisfied.
7:15ish (I lost track of time...) We stopped by Redbox and picked up Pitch Perfect. We got home and watched a movie and had a very nice evening.

Overall, it was a really awesome birthday. So many people wrote thoughtful and kind messages to me and really focused on making my birthday a great day. More than anyone though was Neil. He made me feel so cared and special and loved. I am so grateful for him and for all of the work he does for me. I'm grateful that he is mine forever.

OH! I almost forgot! Neil gave me a Spa Day- A 90 minute massage! Yes, please! He also got me an iPhone dock/radio and Razzles. (I really like the movie 13 Going On 30...)
Birthday Girl!! (Me...)

3 comments: