Training. (Running.)
Week Four
I thought it would be okay since I've been running every week and running longer intervals each time.
I feel great now (twenty minutes after I've finished) but when I started and saw the intervals this thing wanted me to do, I thought, "You want me to do what now? No way. I can't."
But then I stopped myself. I cut off that train of thought and quickly started telling myself,
"I can and I am."
I was already running so why not keep going?
I did it. I stopped to stretch out my legs (they were cramping in my ankles....weird) halfway through the five minute interval but I paused the program so that I didn't cheat myself (entirely) out the five minutes of running.
By the end, my lungs felt...spongy? Does that make sense? Like, I couldn't breathe and my lungs felt sticky and spongy. The only way I could breathe was by lifting my shoulders up to my ears when I inhaled and huffing when I exhaled.
I looked so cool. Not.
BUT I DID IT. I completed the entire workout. I ran and didn't give up. And I was able to do it because I asked the Lord to help me. The Lord knows how important this is to me and so He made it important to Him.
God is, and Life is, GOOD.
P.S.-If I can do it, SO CAN YOU. One of my favorite quotes, "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch."
I feel great now (twenty minutes after I've finished) but when I started and saw the intervals this thing wanted me to do, I thought, "You want me to do what now? No way. I can't."
But then I stopped myself. I cut off that train of thought and quickly started telling myself,
"I can and I am."
I was already running so why not keep going?
I did it. I stopped to stretch out my legs (they were cramping in my ankles....weird) halfway through the five minute interval but I paused the program so that I didn't cheat myself (entirely) out the five minutes of running.
By the end, my lungs felt...spongy? Does that make sense? Like, I couldn't breathe and my lungs felt sticky and spongy. The only way I could breathe was by lifting my shoulders up to my ears when I inhaled and huffing when I exhaled.
I looked so cool. Not.
BUT I DID IT. I completed the entire workout. I ran and didn't give up. And I was able to do it because I asked the Lord to help me. The Lord knows how important this is to me and so He made it important to Him.
God is, and Life is, GOOD.
P.S.-If I can do it, SO CAN YOU. One of my favorite quotes, "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch."

You are amazing! Is that an app on your phone? So glad you have a blog!
ReplyDeleteway to go! so proud of you. running is HARD
ReplyDelete