Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Close your eyes...

Close your eyes, just for a moment and I'll take you somewhere special.
There is a place I know where you can sit in the big white rocking chair on the front porch, listening to the sound of the trees rustling in the wind made by the oncoming storm.
There are moments when the smell of Honeysuckle completely takes over your senses and then t in a split second the smell of rain takes charge.
The rocking chair you're sitting in makes a creaking noise as you rock back and forth and you can faintly hear the undertones of voices having a conversation just inside the house.
The wind catches on your neighbor's wooden wind chime and the hollow clacking of the wood adds to the excitement of the storm.
The warm air almost hugs you as you sit in that old rocking chair and you can't help but notice the beauty of the strikingly green grass that surrounds your house and stretches up and over the hills surrounding it.
You lean back soaking it all in.

This is Home.
My Old Kentucky Home.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! I miss it so much! I'm so glad you got to go & visit not only our family but your Kentucky home. One day we can go back together :)

    ReplyDelete