Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Week That Was My Birthday

Doesn't make much sense I know but let me explain. I got to celebrate my birthday for almost an entire week! It was great! So, I'll start at the beginning.

Saturday: (2 Days before the BIG day) Feb. 5th 2011
A small group of friends came with me to RED ROBIN (Yum)and we had dinner.It made me really happy.
After dinner we played a variety of games in which Justin and I were assumed to be married, or apt to run off with one another. That made me laugh.

Sunday: (1 Day until B-Day)

Church! Just church. I love church!
Plus, that particular day was Rockin' AWESOME because of everyone and their beautiful testimonies.
That night Justin and Steve read all of their Church History notes to anyone in their apartment so that they'd be prepared for their test. It was quite interesting.

Monday: HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

It was really a normal day...really. I went to work and then to class.
In my New Testament class they sang happy birthday to me...it was SAWEET!
Then I went home and piddled around doing nothing. That. Was. Beautiful.
That night Andy and I went to The Olive Garden. Before we went to see
TANGLED!!!!, we had some time to kill so we went shopping at Seagull bookstore. I bought a few cute things on sale...it was fun!
Then we went to the movie. I LOVE TANGLED!
It was the fourth time I had seen it and it was just as good as the first time!
I've decided to buy it when it comes out-as a belated birthday present to myself of course...
It was actually really cool because we had desert left over from dinner (raspberry marble cheesecake!)
and we ate it in the theater. I know, I know, I'm SUCH a rebel.
But we also had the theater to ourselves and so I sang along to the movie
(Andy is a good person to sit through a movie he's never seen while the CrAzY girl next to him sings all the songs.)
It was late by the time I got home but I was a happy camper. :)

Tuesday:
I was sick. But I was okay with that because I slept all day long. It was HEAVEN!


Wednesday:
Four Words...Divine Comedy TECH SHOW!!!
It was FREE. It was HILARIOUS. And I am still in love with Jason.
He's just so freakin' FUNNY! What am I saying? They're ALL so freakin' FUNNY!

Thursday:
The Ballet!
BYU's Ballet Company and BYU's Philharmonic performed... *drum roll please*...
CINDERELLA!
It was really good! And to make it even better my sisters, Julie and Kimberly went with me!
AND an old friend Nathaniel, who we met on the base when we lived in Portugal, came too!
It was a fun night.
After the ballet we went to Baskin Robins and bought an ice cream cake. (YUMMO!)
We took it to Julie's apartment and ate and talked about the good old days.

Friday:
Firstly, because BYU Men's Basketball kicks SERIOUS trash this year Friday was a spirit day.
AKA-Jeans Day. Which means I also got to wear my BYU Basketball t-shirt!
No dressy casual clothes for me! YAY!
Needless to say, I was happy.
That night was just a movie night.
We watched "Horton Hears A Who"
and ate homemade chocolate chip cookies (made by yours truly). It was a cute movie. I had
never had the desire to see it and while it pales in comparison to my love for Tangled, it was a cute and entertaining movie.

Saturday:
Well, Karlan, lovely, wonderful Karlan, took me to breakfast at Magleby's Fresh.
We both had french toast and it was divine!
I had nothing planned for the rest of the day except for watching the BYU game.
BYU vs. Utah
Let me tell you what...We told Utah where they can go...HOME!
The team pulled through AGAIN making me fall even more in love with Jimmer Fredette. (Disclaimer-I may LOVE Jimmer but I am IN LOVE with Tyler Haws who is currently on a mission...there is just something about a tall, blond guy with really muscular arms...*sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment