Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Yeah. This Happened.

This is what happened:
I handed Lady a form-with my left hand (she walked into the office instead of going to the window-which is what you're supposed to do...)
Lady: Oh honey, how old are you? (Her kids-oldest is probably 13-SCREAMING about wanting candy....uhg)
Me: (hesitantly) 20
Lady: Oh. And...and you're not married I see. Not even engaged?
Me: No, I have a lot more of the world I want to see before I settle down.
Lady: Oh, well, honey, you know, 20 is a little too old to be single! And no children I presume?
Me: (in utter disbelief at her audacity-if she said honey one more time I was gonna pop her, yet still trying to be polite) No. I'm not married, ergo no kids. *Smile*
Lady: Well, don't wait too long, honey, you probably don't have many child bearing years left in you.
Me: How old were you when you had your first? (Me-scowling at wailing 13 year old)
Lady: Older than you but I regret it, honey.
Me: (HONEY? I'm NOT HONEY!) Well, I guess one should preach what they practice and vise versa, no? Thanks for coming in, have a nice day! *Smile* (The fake, I'm gonna kick your sorry face in kind of smile)
Exeunt Lady and obnoxious children.

Oi vei.

1 comment:

  1. oh my GOSH!!! NO WAY!!!! um....where were you working that you met this woman!? HA!

    ReplyDelete