Sunday, November 14, 2010

Is It Possible?

Is it possible that instead of liking this
I hate it?
It is really likely that liking isn't like me at all?
What is "liking" anyway?
And why, WHY does the whole of mankind
seem to shy away from liking?
I like you.
You like me.
That's how people make friends.
This "liking" thing.
That doesn't mean that we're meant to be attached
at the hip until we die.
I may take a different approach to
liking
than you do.
But don't flatter yourself
in thinking that I
am dependent on you for any kind of happiness.
I depend on myself for that,
thank you very much.
Yes, it's true
I'm a little goofy,
flirty,
outgoing
(heaven forbid)
around you.
Don't think that that is me
trying to get you to fall in love with me.
I don't expect you to.
I'm not some crazy colored
bird from the Amazon
who is dancing around trying to
get you to notice me.
If you like me, fine.
If you notice me, even better.
But nothing I do is for you.
It's for me.
So that I can feel better.


What's sad is that for once I was happy just being liked. I was happy being myself and not having to worry that you would think that I was in love with you.
Guess I was wrong.
Again.

1 comment: