So this week I found out some news that seriously made me want to throw up. I found out that I can't get a loan for school. Now, this wouldn't be so bad if I had been smarter with my money and had saved even just a smidgen of it...but alas, I did not. (Don't worry, I've already kicked myself repeatedly for this.) Like I was saying this news wouldn't be so bad if it didn't set off a series of unfortunate events. No loan (no money) means no school for at least another semester. I'm very bummed about it...very bummed. No school means no school, campus job. No job means no money. Yeah, I was panicking. Just ask my parents. (Ah, my patient, loving parents thank goodness for them!) Anyway, now you may wonder what has happened to my summer job? Well, the end of the summer that's what. And because I was expecting to get a loan and be a student and have an on campus job, I hadn't been forceful in letting my Supervisor know that I was available for the off season. Then when I finally asked, he let me know that they were full. (I found out just the other day that this is not true because he asked me to fill out a post-season schedule. We'll see what happens with this...)
So believing that I had no job for the fall, I frantically took control of the reins and entered the crazy world of craigslist. After sending 30 resumes out in less than 48 hours, I recieved 2 phone calls from different companies wanting to have me in for interviews. Today was the big day. I borowed my friend's car and set out for the two very differnent jobs. One is only part time (4 hours a night) and I have to catch 2 buses...blah. The other is full time and it's close enough that I can walk there. Both jobs pay about the same $8.50-$9.50 DOE. I really want the second one. They owners seemed really nice and put together and I enjoyed being at their tiny, hole-in-the-wall office. It excited me to be there. The first one made me feel really icky. Anyway, I'm supposed to hear back from the second one by the end of today...I really hope I get this job! AHHH! It's making me nervous.
This all brings me to here and now. At my going-to-end-on-saturday-most-likely job. The phones are basically dead and there are WAY to many people here for the volume of calls we're getting. I pulled out my planner and opened the front cover and found a sticky note that I'd put there about a year ago. It reads "Run with patience the path that is set before you..." Hebrews 12 1-2. I though that it is very appropriate for this time in my life. So many of my friends are getting engaged or married (two of my roomies are getting married THIS MONTH!) and I don't even have a boyfriend. (which I'm okay with...it's just weird. Sometimes I wonder if there is something wrong with me.) All of my roomies are moving out and I'm getting new/old ones. I may not have a job. I have no money. I still have to get an education and pay for it by myself....all of these things can seem overwhelming at times. Especially right now. That's why that scripture was so perfect for me at the moment. "Run with patience..." Life sometimes seems like a race and we can sometimes get annoyed with it but I know that if I have patience the Lord will provide for me. I'm so happy right now. Though I may not have a job I do have amazing friends, great roomies, wonderful home teachers and more importantly a loving family. My parents have been so good to me and I owe them so much. I also have a loving and merciful Heavenly Father who knows me better than myself. I know that if I trust in Him and consult with Him, He will direct my path.
The sun can't shine into your living room unless you open up the blinds!
No comments:
Post a Comment