Though the past weekend was quite busy I did get to spend it at home. Not here in Provo. Although my five day trip was shortened to a four day trip, I still got to go home. Although I had to come back to Provo, back to the boring thing known as my life, I did get to have a vacation at HOME! It was wonderful. I got to spend some time with my family and my friends. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation. Okay, that one day more would've been nice but I can't change that. (My flight home on Thursday was cancelled because DFW, my layover airport, was basically shut down due to the storms.) Anyway, it was nice just to dip my toes in the calm(ish) waters of home for a bit. I was able to go back to my roots and remember where I came from and who I can be. Being out here and trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life is pretty scary. Especially because I have to do it on my own. But I have a renewed sense of purpose. I still don't know what I'm doing with my life but I know, in a general sense, what I want to do. It's crazy and confusing and sometimes when other people that you have daily interaction with don't understand why you're doing what you're doing, it makes it worse. But here's what I say to them. You aren't me. I know what I can handle and I have my own personal standards on top of those that I was raised with. Not yours. Don't try to push yours on me. It doesn't make you look very good. In fact, it's annoying and ugly. If you can't embrace the small changes that I'm going through, how can you expect yourself to grow and become a mature person? There are numerous people who these statements are aimed at but over all, I'm going to do what's best for me, what I've decided with the Lord's help, is the path I need to take. You take yours and I'll take mine.
That was something I discovered while at home. That I am me and though others may not like that I'm mature, that I've grown and changed a little because I know more people and have learned from their lives, I can't change who the Lord wants me to be. And that is His Daughter. And you know what? I NEVER would want to change that. I know who I am. Do you? I'm comfortable with change. Are you? Nobody can dictate how you are supposed to act, what you should say or who you should be but you. Don't try to do it for anyone else. (Unless you are a parent...if you are you know what I mean...) We are agents unto ourselves. Our duty is to love others despite their struggles, despite their faults, despite their past. If I may quote Moulin Rouge, "The greatest gift you'll ever learn, if just to love and be loved in return."
Wahoo! I love this post! I'm glad you had a great time at home.. and I'm so glad you feel this way! You rock! Jenni
ReplyDelete