I Look To You
To the Mother with the unconsolable child who is tired and worn.
I look to you.
Not with annoyance but with admiration.
Do not be embarrassed.
To the Mother with piles of laundry lining her hallway, with no time to take care of it because she is entertaining her child.
I look to you.
Not with disgust but with respect.
Do not feel ashamed.
To the Wife who supports her husband while he embarks on receiving an education.
I look to you.
Not with belittlement but with support.
Do not feel inferior.
To the Woman who feels alone and so desperately wants companionship.
I look to you.
Not to diminish but to strengthen.
Do not despair.
To the Woman who is a student and has two jobs simply so she can support herself.
I look to you.
Not with haughty pride but with encouragement.
Do not give up.
To the Woman who is learning what pregnancy is like with all it's highs and lows.
I look to you.
Not with envy but with hope.
Do not hide.
To the Woman who is tired.
To the Woman who is ready to quit.
To the Woman who cannot see the good qualities she possesses.
To the Woman who does not feel that she has a friend in this world.
To the Woman who is unsure of herself.
I look to you.
I look with eyes that see someone who is bigger, stronger and smarter than she can ever comprehend. I look with eyes that are young and unlearned that see your experiences as a chance to learn.
I see you for who you are and who you can become.
I look to you.
I look to you.
Caitlin, you are beautiful inside and out. Thanks for this.
ReplyDeletethis is beautiful
ReplyDeleteand this. my friend. brought tears streaming down my cheeks. thank you. i really needed to read that now. sincerely, i thank you.
ReplyDeletewow....and I am speechless....
ReplyDeletewow....and I am speechless....
ReplyDeletewow....and I am speechless....
ReplyDeleteThis is exactly what I needed to read right now, esp. the woman who is learning what pregnancy is like part. Did you write this yourself?
ReplyDelete