Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Festivities

Date nights and shopping trips, were mainly all about Christmas last month. 

We bought "The Polar Express" one day and decided it would be fun to snuggle up, watch the movie and for a treat, RICE PUDDING. 

YUM. Neil is one master chef when it comes to rice pudding. (He's a master chef in regards to many dishes, but that is besides the point.)

Then, it was that magical time where we got to shop for and set up Christmas!!
Our intention was to have a real tree but that fell through for some reason...I can't really remember why. Anyway, we bought a fake tree at good ol' Wal-Mart as well as some purple and gold ornaments.

Purple and gold was the main color theme for Christmas. We loved it. :)
I snagged all of this at Tai Pan trading. The trees totaled $17 ish and the sign was $6.You know how they always have trees up and they say, "Do not remove decorations from trees" ? Yeah, they only had two of those believe signs in the store and they were both on the same tree. Boo. I did what anyone would have done and took one off the tree. So there.
This frame was a wedding gift and I write seasonal messages on it. For Christmas I had Luke 2:11
Probably my favorite wreath so far. I bought the tinsel for $2.50 at Hobby Lobby, wrapped (but did not glue) it around a 97 cent piece of plumbing wrap-or something like that- from Home Depot, and the sign was $3 from Tai Pan. Because I assembled it this way, I'm able to reuse both the tinsel garland stuff and the sign and the foam tubing. It's grand.
Our first Christmas tree!!! I'm sad you can't tell what it looks like because it was so pretty if I do say so myself. Purple round ornaments with sparkly gold (but not tacky looking) reindeer ornaments (also compliments of Wal-Mart-$3ish), more of that tinsel garland stuff I used for the wreath and a twig wrapped star (Tai Pan-$7). It was just so awesome to set up a tree with my husband for the first time ever! We put the tree in the corner because we have a corner window (actually two-the cause of our heating problems but we'll get to that in  a later post) and corner windows are REALLY COOL display windows.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure your tree is bigger than ours! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete