Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankfuls

Picking up again on my alphabet "I Am Thankful For" things. So since it is November, the month of Thanksgiving (the holiday because every month really should be a month of thanksgiving) I decided to pick up where I left off and then finish out the month! YAY! Now I have something to blog about instead of sitting here watching my cursor blink while my brain goes blank. So here goes:
November 1st- "O"
"O" is for Optimists. Sometimes it is hard to remember the positive side of life. I'm really grateful for the people in my life who can kick my booty every now and then simply by smiling and saying, "You know, it's raining today but isn't it so beautiful?!" I lose sight of the positive side of life sometimes but those people, they know who they are, help me to realize that life isn't always so bad.
November 2nd- "P" 
"P" is for Patience. No, I am not exactly grateful for the process of waiting for something that I'd really like to have but I've been in a situation lately that has made me be able to see things a little more clearly. I've been able to look back on past experiences and realize that the things the Lord has made me wait for have been the things that I love and appreciate more. It's interesting to realize. Interesting and humbling. Patience is a good thing no matter how I try to fight it. 
November 3rd- "Q"
"Q" is for Questions. Obnoxious? Sometimes. Necessary? Absolutely. Can you imagine what life would be like walking around like a mindless drone? Um, no. You see, I am the kind of person who likes to know the "why". Why am I doing this? What is the purpose? If I do this, what will be the outcome? I am a planner and I think about things. I like to know what is going on basically at all times. Now, I do like surprises, I do but if it is something I can control or a personal decision, believe you me, I'll take the reigns. I am too afraid to let anybody else (but me and the Lord) dictate my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment