Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Searching

I had a dream
Once upon a time
That I was searching
Not knowing what I'd find.
I looked up high
I looked down low
I look for answers
Only finding "no".
Frustrated, confused
angry and hurt,
My senses were numbed
I was far from alert.
The darkness was pressing
so hard on my chest
These words kept repeating
"You are not the best."
I cried and I shuddered
At all of the pain
I didn't know if I'd have
the strength to stand again.
But down on my knees,
I was keenly aware
of a feeling, of this something
that would make life fair.
Already positioned
I steadied my mind
and readied my mouth
for the words I had to find.
My soul spoke a prayer
to the Lord up above
And immediately
I was filled with his love.
He told me to pause
He told me to wait
He told me that soon enough
I would meet with fate.
With his gentle kindness
and eternal plan
I knew without doubting
I was in His hands.
I stood up at last
Just to turn and see
a poor stranger struggling,
struggling like me.
I ran to him, met him
and with open arms
I told him that he too
could overcome all his harms.
Just pray my dear friend
and soon you will find
that God's love is endless
it's selfless and kind.
So next time you falter,
while searching high and low,
remember your Savior
and the way to you He will show.

No comments:

Post a Comment